Employee Referral Program
I. PURPOSE: To define the process for the PAVIR employee referral program.
II. POLICY: It is the policy that PAVIR will pay a $100 referral bonus (or higher amount for difficult to fill positions) to current employees who refer qualified candidates who are hired by PAVIR.
- For the purpose of the employee referral program, a “candidate” is anyone who is not currently employed by PAVIR.
- All current employees are eligible to receive a referral bonus, except 1) employees in the PAVIR Human Resources Department, and 2) managers and supervisors who selected the candidate and/or are in the chain of command supervising the position.
- The referral process will be activated via the PAVIR online application process. The applicant must provide the name of the current PAVIR employee who referred them to the position when they submit their resume.
- Referred candidates who are hired must be employed for at least 30 days before the referring employee may be eligible to receive a referral bonus.
- Both the referring employee and the referred candidate must be active employees at the time the bonus is paid.
- The value of the bonus will be recorded and taxed in the payroll system.
- Additional procedures include:
- Referral bonuses are awarded at the discretion of the PAVIR Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or designee.
- Any disputes arising from this program will be resolved by the CEO or designee.
- Funding for the referral program will come from PAVIR Administrative funds.
- HR will monitor the use of the program and report annually to the CEO.