COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
PAVIR provides eligible employees with COVID-19 emergency paid sick leave under certain conditions.
All employees are eligible for emergency paid sick leave.
Reason for Leave
You may take emergency paid sick leave if you are unable to work (or telework) because:
- Subject to a specific quarantine or isolation order (shelter in place does not apply)
- Advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine
- Experiencing symptoms and actively seeking diagnosis (i.e., making, waiting for, or attending a medical appointment)
- Caring for an individual in category 1 or 2 above
- Caring for a child whose school or childcare has closed or is unavailable
- Seeking or waiting for the results of a diagnostic test or awaiting a medical diagnosis
- Obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine
- Recovering from any illness, injury, or condition related to such vaccine
Employees are entitled to:
- Full-time employees: Ten days (80 hours) of pay at their regular pay rate for reasons 1-3 and 6-8 listed above relating to their own illness. However, when caring for a family member (for reasons 4 and 5) sick leave is paid at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate.
- Part-time employees: Pay for the number of hours the employee works, on average over the last six months, over a two-week period, paid at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate.
- Paid leave under this policy is limited to $511 per day ($5,110 in total) where leave is taken for reasons 1-3 and 6-8 described above (generally, an employee’s own illness or quarantine); and $200 per day ($2,000 in total) where leave is taken for reasons 4 and 5 (care for others or school closures)
If you need to take emergency paid sick leave, provide notice to PAVIR HR at HR@pavir.org as soon as possible. Normal call-in procedures apply to all absences from work.
PAVIR will neither retaliate nor tolerate retaliation against employees who request or take leave in accordance with this policy.
This policy expires on September 30, 2021.