COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
PAVIR provides eligible employees with COVID-19 emergency paid sick leave under certain conditions.
All employees are eligible for emergency paid sick leave.
Reason for Leave
You may take emergency paid sick leave if you are unable to work (or telework) because:
- You are subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- You have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine because of COVID-19;
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and are seeking a medical diagnosis;
- You are caring for an individual or are advised to quarantine or isolate;
- You are caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed, or whose childcare provider is unavailable, due to COVID-19 precautions; or
- You are experiencing substantially similar conditions
Employees are entitled to:
- Full-time employees: 10 days of pay at their regular pay rate with a medical professional’s note. However, when caring for a family member (for reasons 4, 5, and 6 above), sick leave is paid at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate.
- Part-time employees: Pay for the number of hours the employee works, on average over the last six months, over a two-week period, paid at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate.
- Paid leave under this policy is limited to $511 per day ($5,110 in total) where leave is taken for reasons 1, 2, and 3 described above (generally, an employee’s own illness or quarantine); and $200 per day ($2,000 in total) where leave is taken for reasons 4, 5, or 6 (care for others or school closures)
You may elect to use emergency paid sick leave before using any accrued paid leave.
No leave provided by PAVIR before April 1, 2020 may be credited against your leave entitlement. In addition, emergency paid sick leave cannot be carried over after December 31, 2020.
If you need to take emergency paid sick leave, provide notice to PAVIR HR at HR@pavir.org as soon as possible. Normal call-in procedures apply to all absences from work.
PAVIR will neither retaliate nor tolerate retaliation against employees who request or take leave in accordance with this policy.
This policy expires on March 31, 2021.