COVID-19 Emergency Family and Medical Leave
PAVIR provides eligible employees with up to 12 weeks of emergency Family and Medical Leave for a qualifying need related to a public health emergency.
Emergency Family and Medical Leave is available to all employees that have been employed by PAVIR for at least 30 calendar days.
Reason for Leave
1. Subject to a specific quarantine or isolation order (shelter in place does not apply)
2. Advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine
3. Experiencing symptoms and actively seeking diagnosis (i.e. making, waiting for, or attending a medical appointment)
4. Caring for an individual in category 1 or 2 above
5. Caring for a child whose school or childcare has closed or is unavailable
6. Seeking or waiting for the results of a diagnostic test or awaiting a medical diagnosis
7. Obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine
8. Recovering from any illness, injury, or condition related to such vaccine
If you need to take emergency Family and Medical Leave, provide notice to PAVIR HR at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Normal call-in procedures apply to all absences from work.
The Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act provides up to twelve weeks of job protected leave and pay for employees who have been employed with the company for at least 30 days (some restrictions apply for those who have already used FMLA – please speak to HR).
Wages are paid at 2/3 of your regular rate for the number of hours you would otherwise be scheduled to work (with a maximum payment of $200 per day and $12,000 total).
Upon returning to work at the end of leave, you will generally be placed in your original job or an equivalent job with equivalent pay and benefits. You will not lose any benefits that accrued before leave was taken.
PAVIR will neither retaliate nor tolerate retaliation against employees who request or take leave in accordance with this policy.
This policy expires on September 30, 2021.