Recruiter I / II
|Date Posted||September 4, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||ADM1706.17|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Recruiter position. This mid-level Recruiter will be responsible for staffing all open positions in a high touch, compliance driven, process-oriented and customer-focused environment. The Recruiter will work mostly independently, collaborating, as needed, with other team members and hiring managers to ensure success in sourcing, attracting, and hiring high quality candidates who believe in making a difference in the lives of veterans through innovative research.
To fill the positions, the Recruiter will communicate directly with hiring managers from various departments and research laboratories located at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Stanford University. The majority of positions the Recruiter will work to fill are Research Assistants, Research Coordinators, Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Associates and Data Analysts / Programmers, as well as other positions.
To support PAVIR’s process-improvement goals, the Recruiter will provide ongoing input on redesigning the recruiting process and assist in implementing a new Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
PAVIR offers generous benefits, great work-life balance, as well as friendly, close-knit, and supportive environment. This is a regular, full time (40 hours/week), non-exempt position.
Opening and Staffing New Positions (about 70% of the weekly effort is dedicated to performing these functions):
- Conduct intake communication with hiring managers and create accurate position requisitions, confirming funding for all positions;
- Assist hiring managers in the recruiting processes, including, but not limited to: classifying jobs, determining accurate position titles, writing and editing job descriptions, applying correct salary bands, screening resumes, requesting and reviewing job applications, communicating with candidates, negotiating terms of employment, and generating offer letters;
- Post jobs on various job boards to solicit the most qualified candidates;
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, candidates, hiring managers, as well as contacts at Stanford University and the VA regarding the recruiting process;
- Maintain accurate job posting, applicant and new employee data and ensure completion of all processes associated with the Affirmative Action Plan;
- Conduct occasional interviews and perform reference checks when needed;
- Engage in both active and passive sourcing efforts when necessary; Collaborate with the HR Generalist and other team members, as well as various research labs, to initiate and/or facilitate internal transfers of qualified employees to open positions to retain talent;
Onboarding New Employees:
- Guide new employees on the VA-regulated clearance process;
- Help determine start dates, communicate orientation information to candidates and prepare necessary forms and materials;
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefit orientations, register employees on ADP Workforce Now, set up company emails, and process all new hire paperwork, ensuring accuracy and compliance;
- Collect work authorization documents, complete I-9s and the E-Verify process in a timely manner;
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of employee data entry into ADP and a few other databases;
- Transmit necessary information to other departments to ensure smooth entry of the employee into the company.
Process Improvement and Documentation
- Assist with recruiting process improvements, including, but not limited to: assisting with the implementation of an Applicant Tracking System (ATS);
- Update forms, checklists, tools, and email templates to support the recruiting process;
- Write and update SOPs to accurately document and streamline the recruiting process.
- Actively participate in Departmental and Company meetings and training sessions;
- Complete regulatory, compliance and professional development training to remain aware of regulatory changes;
- Other recruiting and HR related projects, as needed.
- Required: BA or BS degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Communication or related field.
- Desired: SHRM
- Required: At least 2 years recruiting experience.
- Desired: 2+ years recruiting experience. Experience using an Applicant Tracking System preferred. Experience using ADP Workforce Now preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team;
- Ability to communicate information and solve administrative problems in a professional, creative, timely and innovative manner;
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions in a timely fashion;
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English both orally and in writing;
- Experience concurrently managing a variety of responsibilities and priorities;
- Flexibility to adapt and learn quickly;
- Ability to keep information confidential with high ethical standards and good judgment;
- Customer service focus with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people;
- Experience with high volume recruiting (up to 20-30 positions simultaneously);
- Proficient with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of CA and Federal labor law and regulations.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical: Frequently sit for long periods of time to perform desk based computer tasks and meet with customers. Occasionally stand / walk around the office or VA campus. Occasionally lift / carry / push / pull objects that weigh up to 10 lbs.
- Environmental: Office environment and equipment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information www.pavir.org
As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to receive an approved WOC appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits