Life Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow
|Date Posted||January 9, 2018|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||RAN1801.18|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Life Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow who will train under the direction of Dr. Rando, P.I./Mentor, who will provide advanced training in preparation for an academic or research career.
Please note, all PAVIR funded Postdoctoral Fellows will hold a Postdoctoral Fellow appointment through Stanford University and will have access to Stanford resources.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), exempt position.
- Work directly with the P.I. on the design and execution of laboratory experiments
- Handle live animals (mice) as well as tissue and cells from those animals
- Write papers on projects for publication
- General lab organization; other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: PhD degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biology or a related discipline.
Required: Prior research experience in biology, cell biology, molecular biology or a related discipline.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Exquisite record keeping and experimental documentation capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong scientific writing skills and demonstrated capacity to drive first author publications
- Knowledge of research procedures and protocols gained through education or experience
- Experience in a variety of research techniques/methods and follow-up data collection
- Knowledge of laboratory safety rules and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work within a team context and collaborate with other lab personnel
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Standing or bending for long periods of time, lifting 5 lbs, repetitive movements
Environmental: Exposure to radiation, research animals, wet lab environment, and toxic/caustic chemicals or reagents
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved Without Compensation (WOC) appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com – Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit