Life Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow
|Date Posted||January 30, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||GOR1702.17|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Life Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow position to perform complex immunological experiments on peripheral blood of study participants to characterize the immune response to the chronic viral infection and the vaccine response in young and older adults.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), exempt position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved Without Compensation (WOC) appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
Please note, all PAVIR funded Postdoctoral Fellows will hold a Postdoctoral Fellow appointment through Stanford University and will have access to Stanford resources.
- Perform complex immunological and cell biological assays;
- Serve as a main contact for experiment;
- Assist in the development of experimental protocols;
- Analyze data and prepare charts for presentations and publications;
- Perform library and document searches for scientific publications/study purpose;
- Prepare reports and scientific papers for publication from data acquired.
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or M.D. in Immunology or a related field;
EXPERIENCE: No postgraduate work required. Desired: experience in cell signaling or gene regulation.
- Advanced knowledge in immunology and mechanisms of gene regulation;
- Understanding and working knowledge of research lab requirements and scientific research methodology;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good interpersonal skills required to recruit study participants;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to troubleshoot an experiment as necessary;
- Ability to prepare and write scientific papers for journals or presentation.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 10 lbs occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to wet lab environment, bloodborne pathogens, toxic/caustic chemicals or reagents.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit