Imaging Server Administrator
|Date Posted||February 14, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||30|
|PAVIR Job ID||HAO1704.17|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking an Imaging Server Administrator position to set up and administer a server that captures MRI images.
The Imaging Server Administrator will be responsible for setting up imaging protocols on this server for multiple neuroimaging projects, and develop protocols for transfer. It will be responsible for day-to-day administration of the neuroimaging server, keep up-to-date with VA and Stanford IT measures, and analyzing the imaging data to support the research goals and aims for the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC).
This position is Federally funded and requires US citizenship. Only US citizens will be considered for this position.
This is a regular, 30 hours a week, Exempt position.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Independently manage Linux and/or Windows server administration, including maintenance, data transfer and troubleshooting;
- Liaise with VA Office of Information Technology staff, design IT infrastructure within VA guidelines to address project needs, develop imaging protocols and guidelines, overall clinical and research imaging objectives for the laboratory and ensure overall compliance within VA;
- Manage and troubleshoot data processing and conduct initial data quality control and analysis; Summarize and interpret MRI and behavioral data;
- Train other personnel and collaborators in MRI techniques and process by providing guidance for data acquisition, transfer, maintenance, analysis and interpretation;
- Support the conduct of experiments and research projects with MRI to determine functional and structural brain networks as related to TBI and polytrauma research endeavors;
- Manage administrative duties of the study, including regulatory compliance, and work closely with project coordinators to track project progress, meet deadlines, anticipate project needs, and communicate with project collaborators;
- Contribute to the preparation of manuscripts, grant applications, and progress reports, especially in the imaging methodology sections; Perform literature searches and review, abstract, and prepare data from retrieved articles for PI review;
- Support other DVBIC and PSC research studies as requested.
Citizenship: US citizenship is required. This position is Federally funded and requires US citizenship.
- Required: Bachelor degree (or equivalent combination of experience and professional training) in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Neuroscience, Psychology, or a related field;
- Desired: Master’s Degree or Ph.D. degree (or equivalent experience).
- Required: 2+ years of related experience, including 1 year working with server administration;
- Desired: 2 years of MRI Imaging experience
- Significant knowledge of Linux and/or Windows server administration required;
- Advanced level proficiency with computing language and/or Matlab required;
- Significant experience working with MRI, fMRI, and DTI.
- Strong knowledge of neuroscience and psychology concepts, theories, and practices desired;
- Strong analytic skills and ability to analyze, extract, and interpret research data desired;
- Ability to understand and develop study protocol;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including scientific writing skills;
- Proficiency with MS Windows, MS Office, Mac OS X, database programs, and capable of quickly learn operating systems and software;
- Ability to work independently and proactively, with good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to train and provide guidance on daily tasks in the lab.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, sitting, bending, standing, repetitive motion, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to imaging equipment and office environment.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD / STD
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits