Clinical Research Data Analyst I/II
|Date Posted||November 6, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||13|
|PAVIR Job ID||YON1801.18|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Research Data Analyst to support a busy, high-performing cardiology research program under the supervision of Principal Investigator (PI) – Celina Mei Yong, M.D.
The Data Analyst’s tasks will vary depending on current needs, and will include working both independently and as part of a team on clinical data analysis, data management, performing clinical trial activities, and research compliance. In addition, the Data Analyst will assist and work closely with the PI in her scientific writing, project submission, and national research dissemination work.
This is a regular, part-time (13 hours/week), non-exempt position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
Data management and analysis:
- Develop clear and concise documentation for studies, directories, quality assurance monitoring and programs
- Perform data validation and analysis for multiple projects involving large datasets
- Identify and resolve database and analysis issues/problems
- Assess and analyze electronic medical data; work with users to resolve errors and issues in current versions
- Evaluate and interpret collected clinical data
- Manage the database for internal and external audits and prepare summary reports
- Create written presentation of data information
Research Trial Coordination:
- Conduct clinical research activities and work independently on project assignments
- Code, evaluate, and interpret collected data and prepare appropriate documentation for sponsor and PI
- Collaborate with PI and other team members, as well as sponsors, to resolve study queries
- Ensure regulatory compliance and regularly inspect study documents to ensure ongoing VA and other associated compliance
Support Principal Investigator’s Research Operation:
- Back up for Research Assistants and other team members
- Prepare patient information for registration / randomization as needed
- Assist in maintenance of supporting documentations for project applications including bibliographies
- Conduct internet research to support scientific publications
- Draft sections of proposals, publications, and presentations
- Perform other research duties as needed
Required: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in statistics or a related field
Desired: Master’s degree in statistics or a related field
Required: Two (2) or more years of related data analysis experience and ability to use one or more statistical packages: SAS, R, STATA, and SPSS.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have at least basic college-level statistics coursework
- Prior experience working with large datasets, including VA data, desired
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory of governing bodies and HIPAA as well as FDA compliance
- Expertise with Internet and PubMed research, Data management and analysis, a bibliography or reference program (e.g. Endnote or Mendeley)
- Work well both independently and in a collaborative team
- Ability to communicate data requirements as well as limitations to team members
- Proficiency with MS Office and database applications
- Capability to produce reference documents and to outline work processes in writing
- Exceptional scientific writing skills
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical: Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, repetitive movement, etc.
- Environmental: Exposure to office and hospital/clinical environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com – Human Resources department.
- Sick leave pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program