Clinical Research Project Administrator II
|Date Posted||March 28, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||WIS1703.17|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Research Project Administrator position to support National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) funded mixed-methods projects to identify the most effective and cost-efficient strategies to support sustained implementation of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and to monitor fidelity to evidence based treatments, under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) – Dr. Shannon Wiltsey-Stirman.
The lab studies the implementation of evidence based psychosocial interventions (EBPs) strategies, with an emphasis on training and consultation, to support sustained implementation, fidelity assessment, and adaptations to EBPs. The Research Project Administrator will assist with data collection, data analysis and manuscript preparation, as well as management of grants and ongoing projects.
This is a regular, full-time (40 hours a week), Exempt position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Project coordination, reviewing budgets and submitting expenses, IRB correspondence; prepare progress reports and other reports for funding agency
- Collect and analyze data, prepare datasets for analysis and publication; assist with the preparation of manuscripts and grant writing
- Code study data, including fidelity ratings of psychotherapy sessions and session materials
- Consent participants and assist with study activities, conduct qualitative interviews
- Collaborate with other members of the National Center for PTSD’s Dissemination and Training Division; foster relationships with clinicians at the VA and in the community
- Prepare posters and presentations
- Other study related duties as needed
Education: Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Public Health or Clinical Psychology required.
- Required: Experience in manuscript preparation, qualitative/mixed methods research, assisting with coordination of clinical trials, informed consent and human subjects training.
- Desired: Two years of related experience in project coordination, collecting and analyzing data, and assisting with the preparation of manuscripts and grant writing.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of psychological theories, concepts, and methods relating to invention and therapy
- Previous experience and knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, MPlus) is desired
- Some mixed methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis software (i.e. NVivo, Atlas) preferred
- Experience with observational coding systems for psychotherapy preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong scientific writing skills and demonstrated capacity to drive publications
- Ability to present results in a laboratory meeting and at scientific conferences
- Previous experience with implementation or effectiveness research preferred
- Strong interest in clinical research and/or mental health research
- Proven technical and analytical skills
- Previous experience with subject recruitment in a research environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some knowledge of the IRB submission process
- Ability to understand VA regulations and procedures regarding research
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the research field gained through education or experience
- Previous experience in implementation or psychology research lab involving psychology protocol
- Previous experience in follow-up data collection
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to comply with technical guidelines
- Ability to read and understand the study protocol
- Ability to complete directed tasks independently
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to an office environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, women, protected Veterans, and qualified individuals with a disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD / STD
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits