Clinical Research Coordinator I/II
|Date Posted||May 13, 2018|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||ETK1802.18|
The Research Coordinator will create, organize and oversee the database for ongoing data oversight, troubleshooting data organization problems and pipeline exceptions, maintaining the EEG data quality and reviewing all database submissions.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), non – exempt position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved Without Compensation (WOC) appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Coordinate and manage data and evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations to the PI for any changes needed throughout the study.
- Maintain accuracy and completeness of data collections and integrity.
- Primary contact with the collaborator sites, researchers/investigators, and Stanford and VA privacy offices.
- Coordinate data flow for study from startup through close-out.
- Maintain research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents.
- Independently collects and manages collaborating sites data; manage database.
- Responsible for documentation/data management for study;
- Assist as a resource to other study members to maintain/monitor privacy of data
- Assist with providing training on regulatory process/requirements as needed.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of subject and research data in appropriate files per site and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
Required: BA/BS (or equivalent experience) in biology, health sciences or related field;
Desired: Master’s degree in biology, health sciences or related field
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
Required: Valid Driver License
Desired: CCRC or CCRA
Required: 1+ years of relevant research experience in a clinical and research environment
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to understand scientific literature, experimental procedures and their limitations, and current needs of the research community.
- Knowledgeable with an ability to explain to others, Veterans Affairs (VA) regulations and policies pertaining to clinical trials;
- Ability to read and understand study/trial protocol;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively;
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with study subjects;
- Proficiency with computers and database management;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to learn VA regulations and procedures regarding research;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Organized, detail – oriented, self – directed, and dependable;
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 20 lbs occasionally, sitting and standing for long periods of time, bending, repetitive motion, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to office environment and office equipment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability.
How to Apply:
Please apply online for job code ‘ETK1802.18’ via our Jobs page and include your cover letter and your resume/curriculum vitae as ONE document.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD / STD
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits