Clinical Research Assistant I/II
|Date Posted||October 4, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||WOS1801.18|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Research Assistant to support the administrative aspects for a DoD study. Duties include assisting with the recruiting of participants, administration of weekly assessments, collecting data from participants, and assisting other personnel on the study under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI).
This is a regular, full-time (40 hours/week), non-exempt (hourly-paid) position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Assist Trial Coordinator in all phases of IRB Documentation and Compliance, R&D Documentation and Compliance, and Study Participation;
- Perform structured clinical interviews according to established protocols; coordinate interviews and assist with trainees as needed;
- Manage the creation, scanning and verification of form-based data;
- Assist with collection, processing and archiving of all electronic diary, psychophysiological, and actigraphic data;
- Interface with clinical staff to recruit, screen, consent, and enroll study subjects;
- Assist with data analysis and write up of data for conferences, publications, and papers; Other research-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Psychology or in a related field required.
- Required: experience working with clinical staff, patients, veterans and/or study subjects;
- Desired: 1+ years of related research experience or experience supporting research activities.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- General knowledge of research procedures gained through education or experience;
- Familiarity or interest in polysomnography equipment and/or testing desired;
- Previous experience in psychology research lab involving psychology protocol desired;
- Ability to read and understand the study protocol;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and teamwork skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and proactively;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Basic math and statistics skills.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 10 lbs occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to an office environment and office equipment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits