Clinical Research Assistant I/II
|Date Posted||October 23, 2018|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||WIS1901.19|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to assist the Principal Investigator – Shannon Wiltsey-Stirman, Ph.D., and the Project Administrator with a variety of research duties for a study comparing different implementation strategies to improve and sustain the delivery of cognitive processing therapy for PTSD across three different VA mental health systems.
Duties include subject recruitment and interviews, data collection, entry and coding, assisting with IRB submissions, and assisting with the preparation of manuscripts under direct supervision.
Why join our team? PAVIR is a mid-size nonprofit foundation, closely connected with the VA and Stanford University. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented scientists across a broad spectrum of research areas. We recruit talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative research
This is a regular (40 hours a week), non-exempt (hourly paid) position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Assist with the recruitment of study participants; Explain the study and study procedures to potential participants
- Obtain telephone or in-person consent per defined protocol; Track participants for follow-up assessments
- Assist with conducting and transcribing qualitative interviews with clinicians and administrators
- Code data from qualitative interviews and other sources
- Enter and maintain data in databases; Assist with data tracking and cleaning as needed
- Assist with IRB submissions and amendments
- Assist with data preparation and analysis
- Assist with the preparation of manuscripts and progress reports
- Assist with preparation and organization of educational materials for study participants, maintain sharepoint/icohere/study website to ensure that materials are current
- Other study related duties as needed
Education: Bachelor degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Psychology, Mental Health, Biology or in a related field required.
- Required: 1 year of related experience; previous experience with subject recruitment and qualitative interviews in a research environment
- Desired: 2+ years of related experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong interest in clinical research and/or mental health research
- Interest in implementation of research methods
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some knowledge of the IRB submission process preferred
- Ability to understand VA regulations and procedures regarding research
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the research field gained through education or experience
- Previous experience conducting or coding qualitative interviews highly desired
- Previous experience in implementation or psychology research lab involving psychology protocol desired
- Previous experience in follow-up data collection
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills in order to interact with study subjects
- Ability to comply with technical guidelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software
- Ability to read and understand the study protocol
- Ability to complete directed tasks independently
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to an office/clinical environment and office equipment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits