Clinical Research Assistant I / II
|Date Posted||October 4, 2018|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|PAVIR Job ID||TUM1801.18|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Research Assistant who will support the lab through various phases of clinical and outcomes research for an observational and health services research of patients with heart rhythm disorders.
Duties range from enrolling subjects, entering data in study databases, assisting with data preparation and analysis, and other administrative duties associated with the project under direct supervision.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), non – exempt position.
PAVIR is affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check.
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out research activities related to projects;
- Follow-up with patients in existing study and work on study close-out;
- Monitor the data collection process against protocols;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, including arrangement of travel;
- Provide general administrative support to Principal Investigator and Research Coordinator/PM.
- Maintain project databases and documentation;
- Assist in communication with the Stanford Institutional Review Board (IRB);
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of regulatory documents and data requests;
- Assist in implementation of protocol and project timelines;
- Prepare periodic reports detailing the progress of data collection efforts and disseminate to collaborators;
- Prepare summaries of research meetings;
- Prepare materials for scientific presentations, reports, and manuscripts;
- Assist with manuscript and grant proofreading and drafting;
- Perform basic statistical and arithmetic functions on research data;
- Perform structured literature searches for systematic review of the literature;
- Other project related duties as needed.
Required: BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in Public Health, Biology, or in a related field;
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
Required: Valid CA Driver License
Required: 1-2 years of related experience; previous experience in a research environment.
Desired: 2-3 years of related experience; familiarity with statistical software (R, STATA, SAS, SQL, Python).
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Previous experience in a research environment, clinical research preferred;
- General knowledge of clinical research processes including IRB, protocols, and good clinical practices for research;
- Strong computational ability and drive.
- Understanding of quantitative sciences and biostatistics is highly desired;
- Familiarity with Office or enterprise work software (Microsoft Office), including cloud-based database management and enterprise messaging (Slack);
- Ability to read and understand the study protocol;
- Ability to utilize internet search effectively;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Strong academic foundation and demonstration of quantitative skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Familiarity with statistical software (R, STATA, SAS, SQL, Python) is desired
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 20 lbs occasionally, sitting, bending, standing, repetitive motion, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to office environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com – Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Life Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit