Clinical Research Assistant I
|Date Posted||October 4, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||32|
|PAVIR Job ID||HEN1801.18|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Research Assistant to perform a variety of research duties for a randomized clinical trial that tests a novel mobile-cognitive training intervention for veterans with alcohol use disorder and PTSD. Duties include helping with subject recruitment, scheduling, screening, conducting assessments and interviews, data entry and management under direct supervision of the PI.
This is a regular, 32 hours/week, non-exempt (hourly-paid) position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Assist with the screening, recruitment, and enrolling study participants; Explain the study and study procedures to potential participants; Obtain consent per defined protocol; Track participants for follow-up assessments;
- Schedule interviews and conduct interviews; Reschedule interviews as needed;
- Enter and maintain data in databases; Assist with data tracking and cleaning as needed;
- Assist with data preparation and analysis; Assist with the preparation of manuscripts and progress reports;
- Other study related duties as needed.
Education: B.A./B.S. degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Psychology, Mental Health or in a related field required.
- Required: previous experience with subject recruitment and interviews in a research environment;
- Desired: 6 months or more of related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong interest in clinical research and/or mental health research;
- Interest in implementation of research methods;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to understand VA regulations and procedures regarding research;
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the research field gained through education or experience;
- Previous experience conducting assessment interviews highly desired;
- Previous experience in implementation or psychology research lab involving psychology protocol desired;
- Previous experience in follow-up data collection;
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple deadlines;
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal skills in order to interact with study subjects;
- Ability to comply with technical guidelines;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software (SPSS);
- Ability to read and understand the study protocol;
- Ability to complete directed tasks independently.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc. May encounter patients who have impaired cognitive function, anxious, and/or experiencing psychotic features.
Environmental: Exposure to an office/clinical environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com – Human Resources department.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Long-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Short-term Disability Insurance – paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits