Clinical Research Project Manager II
|Date Posted||August 30, 2017|
|Hours Per Week||flexible 5-10|
|PAVIR Job ID||YOJ1702.17|
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Research Project Manager in the Yoon laboratory, part of the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System and Stanford University, to support cognitive neuroscience research under the supervision of Principal Investigator – Jong Yoon, M.D.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of lab operations and subject recruitment efforts for the Principal Investigator (PI).
This is a regular, part-time (flexible 5-10 hours/week), non-exempt (hourly-paid) position.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Conduct diagnostic and other interview based assessments to determine study eligibility and characterization of behaviors or symptoms of study interest and objectives; oversee research assistant and trainees in administering and scoring of the assessments
- Manage subject recruitment efforts; conduct outreach to mental health and other community based organizations; strategize and develop best methods to advertise, recruit, characterize, and train subjects for study participation; direct and coordinate efforts by research staff
- Ensure research staff comply with research protocols established for assessment methods and clinical research guidelines; oversee activities related to regulatory issues (i.e. IRB)
- Oversee day-to-day lab operations, including oversight and coordination of the activities of research associates/ assistants, trainees, and students; improve standard operating procedures to achieve maximal operational efficiency; other research related tasks as needed
Required: BA/BS (or equivalent experience) in Psychology or in a related field.
Desired: PhD/PsyD (or equivalent experience) in Psychology or in a related field.
Required: Three (3) or more years of related experience.
Desired: Five (5) years of related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong interest and/or knowledge of human neuroscience techniques
- Previous experience conducting human psychological research and testing in a clinical research setting
- Previous experience and knowledge administering neuropsychological tests, diagnostic and symptoms rating instruments
- Strong judgement / decision-making skills, including the ability to make decisions on strict deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships to ensure project goals are met
- Some experience training and/or mentoring new staff or students
- Ability to apply knowledge and develop new methods or procedures to the coordination of the study/program
- Previous experience developing policies/processes and recommending and implementing improvements
- Strong knowledge of research procedures gained through education or experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, with good organizational skills
- Knowledge of different aspects of clinical research and Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
Physical: Lifting up to 5 lbs. occasionally, standing, bending, repetitive movement, etc.
Environmental: Exposure to imaging equipment and office environment.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com – Human Resources department.
- Sick leave pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Employee Assistance Program